If you or a loved one has been injured after a slip and fall due to someone else’s negligence, you need a dedicated personal injury attorney to fight for you and make sure those at fault pay for all the damages that were caused.
At Jones Law Office, we understand how damaging a slip and fall can be. It can lead to serious injuries, including broken bones, spinal cord injuries, back injuries, neck injuries and more.
The attorneys at Jones Law Office are tough, experienced slip and fall injury lawyers who are committed to help you get the best settlement possible to make up for the emotional trauma, physical ailments, and money expended to care for you or a loved one after slipping and falling on someone else’s property.
Slip and Fall Injuries can happen anywhere, and most commonly occur at:
• Parking lots
• Grocery stores
• Convenience stores
• Shopping malls
• Buildings with dangerous conditions
Why Should I Speak to a Slip and Fall Injury Attorney?
Any time you slip and fall as a result of someone else’s negligence you are entitled to compensation, no matter how big or small the damages are.
Slipping and falling can be caused by many different factors, including the following:
• Wet floors without proper signage
• Overly worn or torn rugs/carpets
• Insufficient lighting
• Narrow or poorly maintained stairs
• Objects obstructing walkways
• Uneven pavement
All of these reasons can be argument enough for a proper settlement after a slip and fall, as long as it is reasonable to assume management should have known about the issue.
One of the most important ways to prove your slip and fall accident wasn’t your fault is to hire a personal injury attorney as soon as possible after the incident. The personal injury attorneys at Jones Law Office have the experience and means necessary to help you prove that the accident wasn’t your fault.
The damages that should be considered in trying to find a perfect settlement amount should include:
• Cost of medical treatment now and in the future
• Lost wages due to injury
• Emotional trauma
• Physical pain and suffering
If there is permanent impairment or disability as a result of the fall, then that must also be considered in the settlement calculation.
What You Should Do After a Slip and Fall Accident
After slipping and falling at an establishment or private property you should:
• Exchange contact information with witnesses
• Take photos of the detail that caused the slip
• Take photos of your injuries
• Report the incident to the establishment and ask for video surveillance footage to be saved
• Get medical treatment right away so that your medical records can serve as critical supporting documents in your case - including medical records from doctor visits, prescriptions, radiological tests, procedures, surgeries and rehabilitation
• Do not ruin evidence - keep the shoes that were worn at the time of the slip and fall and do not use, clean, or alter them in any way after the incident
• Do not blindly sign papers that the company may put in front of you following the mishap - they could be offering medical compensation while taking away your right to sue over pain and suffering and other damages
• Contact an experienced personal injury lawyer to represent you and to make sure those at fault pay for all the damages that were caused—even those that extend far beyond the time of the slip and fall
Slip and fall accidents are unfortunately very common, and it is essential to get legal representation directly after the incident in order to ensure that your claim is handled properly. The South Bend personal injury attorneys at Jones Law Office are well versed in Indiana slip and fall law and are committed to help you and your loved ones recover and get the best settlement possible.
Contact the Slip and Fall Injury Attorneys at Jones Law Office Today
We are here for you in your time of need.
Call Jones Law Office at (574)239-7017 or fill out the form to schedule a free case evaluation today.